Life of Shanks

your backstage pass to a Canadian diva

10/23/2006

Run Forrest Run

Posted by Sistah Girl |

So… ok. Let’s just be honest here. I’m not a runner. Never have been. - sprinter yes. But more then a couple hundred meters at a time- um no. I do the jog for 5, walk for 10 thing- quite often… and yes there has been some days when I’ve been overly ambitious- and seriously regretted it afterwards. Maybe yesterday was one of those days.

I woke up yesterday morning to sunshine. Now- if you’d been in Edmonton the past few weeks- you know we haven’t really seen the sun in awhile with all the rain and dreariness that has descended upon the metropolis. So when I saw the sun… I knew a nice long walk was in order. But once I saw that nice long stretch in the river valley… for some reason. I just started running. I felt like Forrest Gump… for about 3k- it was fabulous.

Today. I don’t feel so fabulous. I can barely walk. Seriously. I CAN BARELY WALK.
I am feeling muscles today that I haven’t felt in awhile. My co-workers are laughing at me and my haggard appearance.

Was it the Gemini in me that made me run? – The alter ego that I’m supposedly supposed to have but have never seen? I don’t know. I really don’t know. But I do fondly remember happier days- When my muscles weren’t screaming like Alice Cooper.
I feel like if I move one more muscle. I may just fall over.

Today, the sun is still shining bright. Wanna go for a walk anyone? I'm sure I can borrow a wheelchair for you to push me in.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah I can't say I enjoy running either, walking is my cup of tea. But way to find muscles that you maybe forgot about!? Make sure your stretching your poor body, and make sure you don't try any running tricks once the Alberta winter kicks in - now that could be dangerous:)

Subscribe