So- on Sunday, I was taken back to my past. My- competative acrobatic, in crazy shape, training for hours and hours a week past. Yes- I remembered what is was like to stand on top of someones shoulders ( on your hands of course), to be thrown a few feet up into the air and land back on your feet, to hear the wonderfully composed vibing music and want to do a double back handspring. ( with spotting of course...). Me and about 20,000 other people went to see Cirque Du Soleil- Delirium. A good friend of mine ( you know who you are...) had tickets and unfortunately wasn't able to go- so graciously gave me the tickets.
So Lals and I headed off into the yucky Edmonton rain. Landed a steller parking spot only a 1-minute walk from Rexall place and stumbled into our seats with about 29 seconds to spare. The show was amazing. Incredible acrobats ( I miss my acronaire days) fabulous dancers, drummers, singers, sets, costumes, it was amazing. It wasn't the regular Cirque- Delirium takes music from all the rest of the productions, and along with amazing visual effects, video and sets and puts it all together. The music was incredible. ( Sorry- I can't think of another adjective right now) I think Lals and I said "Wow" at least 53 times throughout the show. Of course you weren't allowed to take photos but me being the rebel I am.. snuck a few. They didn't turn out great- cuz of the lighting and me trying to hide the camera- but you get the picture (no pun intended) ha ha. Enjoy! I know I did.
Oh and P.S... For those who care... I got my hair cut. The shortest its been in about 6 tyears. It's barely touching my shoulders- when it's straight. And it's rather scary when its curly. So we're keeping it straight for the time being. But I'm feeling the change.


2 comments:
Ah! Le Cirque! I saw them live for free on Rue Ste Catherine 2 years ago in Montreal for the 25th anniversary of the Montreal Jazz Fest. It was Wow!
nice hair melly. . .good to chat with you the other day! :)
Post a Comment