Life of Shanks

your backstage pass to a Canadian diva

2/05/2006

The Idiots Guide to being....

Posted by Sistah Girl |

So last evening, me and my girls were at Chapters. And of course being the time of year that it is- they had a table right at the front of a store- dedicated to weddings. Of course I wandered over- considering I've planned a number of weddings, and there it was. The golden book for all grooms... The Idiots Guide to Being A Groom! ( pocket edition)
Whose face popped into my head first?None other then Myla's boyfriend.... Rob. We all thought he may enjoy a little help in getting the ball rolling- I mean its not as if the "wedding idea" hasn't been talked about.

So Lindsay, Anna, Sabrina ( she wasn't there- but she was on the phone) and I purchased the book as a joke ( of course secretly hoping that we'd help get the ball rolling just a bit faster)

We spent half the evening writing a dedication and highlighting certain pages we thought he'd might find useful.... So when Myla and Rob got back from the Oilers game they were at- we dragged Rob out of the car shoved the book in front of the camera and died laughing. He was a great sport about it- and swears he's going to get us back. I don't think much can top that though... it was so funny!

4 comments:

myla said...

haa haa haa. . .i haven't laughed like that in ages!!!! that was just classic! :) . . mind you he's totally scheming to get you ladies back. . .haa haa haa. . .but the book is fab!. .thanx girls!!! :)

Anonymous said...

that's so funny. I can just imagine Rob's reaction.

Anonymous said...

SO funny..I wish I could have been there to see the reaction!! Thanks for thinking of me...I'm alllll about getting this ball rolling....hee hee. :) Thanks also for the pix

Anonymous said...

I think your subtle hint was necessary :) Very funny...I can just picture my big brother's face turning pink!

Subscribe