…. Or maybe its- Tis’ the season to be overly busy, stressed out, broke, and hyper with sugar overloads.
Ahh… December. The month of snowfalls, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, sugarplums, way too many Christmas parties and the one time of year I can listen to Christmas music and get away with it ( as long as I ignore the rolling eyes around me) The one party I would and could not miss this year is Lindsay’s annual Christmas soiree. I think this is going on 4 or 5 years now? Not too sure on the exact number- but every year is always a memorable one. Visiting with old friends- meeting new ones, lots of food, presents.. you name it.

The one event that brings out the creative side of all involved is the Graham Cracker House making contest. There’s not actually a prize- just boasting rights for a full year of whose is REALLY the best house. Of course the norm is the gingerbread house- which I believe is a lot stronger then the graham cracker. Graham crackers crumble, crack and snap way too easily. But I think that adds to the adventure of the structure making contest. A few years ago- I attempted to make the CN tower with my fearless partner J. R. Ferrer- but I gave up about 20 minutes into the process. This year J. R and I partnered up again and I stuck by and made The House of Shanks- or Shanks House of Love… or FerrShankel Estates. Whatever you want to call it - - J.R. and I did a bang up job. Though- there were 2 other teams that also stood out in the process. All being very different structures- I’ll let you be the judge of who has done the best job.. ( #3... #3... #3) let the voting begin


#1- Tim's House. He has a slight unfair disadvantage since he's a full time artist. A little overboard on the brick detailing- don't ya think? I think if Tim had had time- he would have made a life size one.

#2- Darin and Candace's take on the Golden Gate Bridge. More like- London Bridge is falling down- Oooohhhhh!!!!!! ( Joking.... Darin did do a little planning ahead on this one) the stuff that looks like snakes is supposed to be water
#3- and finally the sturdiest of the houses... look at the fine brickmanship ( which are actually dice) It's all about the details people. We're thinking this could be the template for an olympic village or something...



1 comments:
ohhhhhhh. . .so missed out! more pix more more more! . . love the houses. . .rob and i would have kicked all your buns if we were there! :) ode to the love silo of the 2004 Lindsay Christmas party! :) :) :) we'll practise up for next year! :)
Post a Comment