Yes, Its been awhile since you've all gotten the Shankel-update. Lots has been happenening the past few weeks.... friends having babies, stolen cars, friends having babies.... Ahhh. It hasn't seemed to slow down. Congrats Karri and Tash on the new loves of your lives! Besides the new additions in my friends lives... unfortunately an important part of my life got taken from me. On saturday morning I went down into my parkade in my apartment building to get something in my car ( who I've affectionately named Stella). Unfortunately Stella wasn't there....
Yes ladies and gents. stolen. I think i was a bit in shock for the first 2 minutes. I just stood there staring at my parking stall. Surprisingly I was very calm about the whole situation. It helped that my friend Anna stayed over the night before- so at least I had someone who could drive me around if needed. I spent most of the morning o the phone with my insurance company and the police. About 4 hours after I discovered it was gone I had a call saying that they had found her. She was parked in another parking stall somewhere. Anyways, I picked her up from the impound lot... and this is the amazing part.
( my car Stella.... parked back at home in her stall )
The guy only gutted the ignition- but Stella was still drivable with a screwdriver... ( car thief tip of the day) . So I drove her home. Second amazing part. I had probably about 20 cds in the car ... and a pair of running shoes ( worth about $80) and an ipod transmitter for my radio ( worth about $75) and 2 pairs of sunglasses ( worth about $40). The only thing the guy took was my sunglasses. Amazing huh? Nothing wrong with the outside of the vehicle- and he took my sunglasses. I feel very lucky and blessed. Things could have gone a lot worse for me! oh- and my landlord sliped a photo of the car thief under my door this morning. Seems that we have good surveillance system. Its rather freaky that I know who the guy is... still trying to figure out if thats a good thing or not.
That being said- It was a very exhausting weekend. Between baby showers and car thefts... I'm spent. I hope the week prooves to be less stressful!

1 comments:
praise the Lord!!!
-michaela-
Post a Comment