Life of Shanks

your backstage pass to a Canadian diva

1/11/2006

New Year, New Shanky

Posted by Sistah Girl |


So I don't like the whole new years resolutions thing. I'd prefer to think of them as goals. ( mine include learning Spanish, learning a martial art, being healthy, learn how to rock climb, take guitar lessons... etc) Just to give you an update on how this is all working out for me.

I'm going to register for Spanish classes tonight! ( Yay!!) I want to learn Spanish- in part because I'm going to Guatemala in August and in part because- well- I just want to. Its a great language. And it may be good to know someday in case I decide to suddenly move to Mexico, Spain, Belize, Honduras or even San Diego. So Annie, Lals and I are going to make a visit to the Edmonton Hispanic Association and sign up for a few classes. I did try learning from a book a few months back- but the only I think I remember to tell you right now is Hola. I think I may need the whole people interaction.

Another goal of mine this year(And I imagine about 60% if the North American population)is to be healthy. Something I've tried to do in the past and miserably failed at after 3 months. Well- my healthy is meaning working it out. I'm not a junk food addict or lover even- so I've already scored a few points there. So how do I propose to tackle this goal? Get up crazy mad early. ( well- for me) 5:45am. Thats right kids. I'm at the gym by 6:30am. ( this is very abnormal for me) 3 days and counting. I'm hoping that this won't be a hard thing to maintain. It just means I can't go to bed insanely late anymore. I guess I gotta grow up sometime. I think this is a pretty good start to the new year. I always just say I'm going to do something and hope that It magically does itself. Well-I ain't no Harry Potter.

2 comments:

VJM said...

Melayne!!!

I have missed you!

how are you??

love,vimie

Amber said...

How are the clases de espanol going? You'll appreciate whatever you've learned once you come here, I'm still struggling to communicate but it's coming along slowly. Some of the people on the last team here from Canada didn't even know how to say please and thank you in Spanish! I was dumbfounded. Hasta pronto mi amiga!

Subscribe