So on March 23rd and 24th- I attended by far the best concert I've been to since I started working with the ESO in 2004. It was Jazz. Jazz on a main series classical concert. Amazing amazing performance. Our conductor Bill Eddins was literally dancing on stage. They had some hot latin rhythms going on as well ( the last piece on the program) with some of the best jazz musicians in Canada playing along with our orchestra.
Of course there were a few distraught patrons....
and I quote...
Eddins strikes sour note
Edmonton Journal-Thursday, March 29, 2007
Letters to the Editor
I have been a supporter of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra for many years.
Now, we have the Winspear Centre -- a world-class home for a world-class orchestra.
A few years ago, I attended the Jacksonville (Florida) Symphony Orchestra. They were great, and had a wonderful maestro.
But the ESO, for its size, is even better.
But what is with Bill Eddins? He's not classy; he's rude! He shakes his body, wiggles his bum, kicks his legs out, a chain hanging off his back pocket.
Our orchestra members dress beautifully and play superbly. I feel Eddins belittles our orchestra. He definitely is not a world-class orchestra leader.
Let's bring back dignity to Winspear and respect for our great orchestra.
Jeanie Campbell, Edmonton
EXCUSE ME JEANIE CAMPBELL. ( three snaps up, three snaps down)
The backlash from this letter against her and the support shown towards the orchestra was priceless. Sharing my opinion of the concert were many other Edmontonians.
Take that Jeanie Campbell.
CBC smartly enough is broadcasting highlights of this concert tonight ( April 26th) on CBC Radio Two's Canada Live- OR you can catch the full concert online for 1 full year at the following link:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/singleConcert.html?20070426esoja
Enjoy! I know I did:)
4/26/2007
Best "ass-shaking" concert you'll ever hear!
Posted by
Sistah Girl
|
Labels:
Movies and Music,
Singing and Dancing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
World class orchestra? Does that mean it has to be without rhythm? Who ever heard of not being bodily moved by music? Seriously, was that a real comment? Because that was just a dumb comment!
Post a Comment