So- I witnessed something rather disturbing a few days ago. I was walking across a crosswalk through a rather busy intersection in downtown Edmonton and I hear the sound of a rather incessant bus horn. I turned around as did the 10 other people walking across the street with me- just in time to see a girl- probably no more the 15 years old get catapulted by the number 140 bus. Surprisingly enough the girl got up right away- I’m sure she was in shock- because it did look like the bus hit her rather hard. And it was totally her fault. She ran into the middle of an intersection into oncoming traffic. Are you daft child? Suicide moment?I think not. Considering her 2 teenage boy pals were right behind her.
Seriously- how can you not see bus? They are big and blue. And in this snow-covered world- they kinda stand out.
The kids actually tried to run away- but they didn’t get very far because the bus driver got out and started giving them a nice lecture in the middle of the street. Ahh.. daytime drama. So entertaining.
I didn’t stick around to find out what happened. I think I was still a bit in shock from seeing someone being hit by a bus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This was truly a crazy story to read. I was totally shocked! I can't believe that she got hit by a bus, that doesn't happen very much and I guess that that is a good thing bc I don't think as many people would walk away like that girl did. She was lucky. She probably had a good story to tell her friends...
Post a Comment