Life of Shanks

your backstage pass to a Canadian diva

9/15/2006

One Lucky Girl

Posted by Sistah Girl |

I love my job! As many late nights that I work- and the countless hours of overtime that I put in- there are days when everything seems worth it. Like- when my efforts of "pitching" stories to journalists result in 2 cover stories in one week. Or the thankless 5am wake up calls to do Breakfast Television or early morning radio shows- which result in 3 sold out performances in a row. Yes- there are some days- like today- when I look out at a packed Winspear audience- here to see my orchestra- and I love my job.

I'm sitting at my desk- during the intermission of a concert- after hearing the most amazing performance of Tchaikovskys Piano Concerto No. 1. I must say- for an opening night concert- the ESO done good. Katherine Chi- a Calgary pianist ( living in Boston) is our guest for the night- and can I just say wow. I mean- all our guest artists are professional wonders, but there are the few during the season when you are absolutely blown away. It's on a night like tonight- when it's cold and rainy outside, that you realize how you do this 80 + nights a year. I'm one lucky girl.

Oh- I know I've kinda skimped out on a the Guatemala update #2- that is coming this weekend.. I promise. I've been just a tad bit busy since I got back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo,
you do have a sweet job. love it up.

Subscribe