Wow- the sounds and sights of a Western Conference victory. On Saturday evening- as I’m sure most of Canada and North America saw, The Oilers beat the Mighty Ducks and are heading to the Stanley Cup finals. Of course as the seconds ticked away to nothing in the 3rd period- fandemonium ensued on the Edmonton streets. I was over a friend’s house for the very exciting series finale. Afterwards we braved the streets of Whyte Avenue where thousands of crazy people wandered the streets high five'in everyone they walked past, shaking lampposts and lighting off fireworks.
I got out of there before the bonfires started- but it was fascinating to watch. That being said….people calm down. There’s no need to burn things and act psychotic on the streets. I love the Oilers too- but there’s a line that needs to be drawn between fan camaraderie and just plain stupidity. Unfortunately a few people on Saturday night crossed that line.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
yay oilers! :) just as long as they don't have a game on my wedding day! :)
Post a Comment