Ahh hospitals... how I don't love thee. So I had surgery last week... they took my thyroid out. Easy surgery.... shoulda been out in a day. But then again- this is me we're talking about. S.I.G.H.
I finally made it out of the hospital 10 days later. I think I was some sort of medical mystery. See.... we have these things called parathyroid glands. They are small yet mighty. And when they don't work... then calcium levels in your body go all wacky and you get very sick. That is what happened to me!
But I had a team of amazing doctors ( headed up by Dr. Todd McMullen... shout out!) and Nurses who took great care of me. And now I am finally out! Good thing, cuz I thought I'd have to head downstairs to the psych ward if i stayed much longer.
Anyways-the human body is fascinating! The tiniest things can really mess you up! But modern medicine came thru ( yay U of A Hospital!) and I'm on my way back to fabulous!
So ladies and gents, please join me in lifting your glasses ( or iphones, ipods, laptops.. whatever) to the nurses of Ward 3D3 and Dr. McMullen & his team! You guys are amazing:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment